Advanced Insurance Specialist
Gastroenterology East, P.A.
2210 Hemby Lane
Advanced Insurance Specialist must ensure timely and accurate insurance posting, authorizations, and claims management. May be responsible for verification of pre-certification, authorization and referral requirements for all office and surgical services. Salary based on experience.
- Works successfully with payers via electronic or telephone communications
- Coordinates with designated clinical contracts regarding encounters that require escalation to peer-to-peer review
- Communicates with patients, clinical partners, financial counselors and others necessary to facilitate authorization process
- Ensures timely and accurate insurance authorizations are in place prior to services being rendered
- Answer accurately to provider, staff and patient questions involving insurance issues
- Provide cost estimates for procedures
- Follow departmental policies and procedures
- High level of understanding all aspects of insurance read outs and posting of payments or denials
- Follow up on all outstanding and/or unpaid claims investigating reasons for denial or nonpayment
- Communicate with payors to achieve resolutions
- Report findings to department supervisor and Practice Administrator
Monday - Friday
8:00am - 5:00pm
- Medical / Dental / Vision Insurance
- 401 K and employer matching
- Paid Time Off
- Life Insurance
- Tuition Reimbursement
Do not contact this company in solicitation of any product or service.