Enterprise Linux Systems Analyst
East Carolina University
Information Technology and Computing Services (ITCS) is the central agency that supports enterprise- wide computing at East Carolina University. ITCS, through innovative information technology initiatives and service, provides opportunities for the ECU community to excel in teaching, research, and service using state-of-the-market technology and collaborative environments. ITCS is first and foremost committed to providing excellent information technology support for faculty, staff, and students. ITCS partners with campus departments, other universities, and industry to make strategic investments in information technology infrastructure that will help maintain a competitive advantage in administrative applications, faculty research, and outreach to the state and nation. We will achieve this through increasing the core functions and deploying appropriate technology throughout the university.
The Enterprise Systems Linux team ensures secure, highly available and robust computing platforms to power the University’s mission critical Enterprise Linux Systems. The team installs, configures, and supports Red Hat Enterprise Linux, SUSE, OEL and other platform technologies on various server hardware including blade servers, virtual servers, and rack mount servers.
As a Enterprise Linux Systems Analyst, you handle these tasks:
• Administration and support of Red Hat Enterprise Linux servers and other platform technologies including Red Hat Satellite, and Cloud-Centric Technologies.
• Monitor and maintain overall system security, upgrade software, patch and remediate system level vulnerabilities.
• Troubleshoot performance issues, system failures, security events, etc.
• Provision, configure, security harden and performance tune new servers.
• Research, develop, test, deploy new solutions to solve issues or meet business needs.
• Automate provisioning, configuration and baseline enforcement using Ansible playbooks, Puppet modules, shell scripts, and many other cloud-native technologies
• Manage short and long-term projects
• Provides on-call support
While working as an Enterprise Linux Systems Analyst, enjoy these perks:
We are looking for a candidate with these preferred skills:
Additional details about the position, including the full job description, qualifications, and instructions for submitting application materials may be found by accessing this link: https://ecu.peopleadmin.com/. Applicants must complete a candidate profile online via the PeopleAdmin system and submit the documents requested to be considered for the position.
East Carolina University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Visit this job posting at https://ecu.peopleadmin.com/postings/53287
Do not contact this company in solicitation of any product or service.