Network Security Administrator
East Carolina University
Information Technology and Computing Services (ITCS) is the central agency that supports enterprise- wide computing at East Carolina University. ITCS, through innovative information technology initiatives and service, provides opportunities for the ECU community to excel in teaching, research, and service using state-of-the-market technology and collaborative environments. ITCS is first and foremost committed to providing excellent information technology support for faculty, staff, and students. ITCS partners with campus departments, other universities, and industry to make strategic investments in information technology infrastructure that will help maintain a competitive advantage in administrative applications, faculty research, and outreach to the state and nation. We will achieve this through increasing the core functions and deploying appropriate technology throughout the university.
The Network Security and Analysis team provides support for enterprise-level services and technologies such as firewall and VPN systems, intrusion detection and prevention systems, DHCP and DNS systems, application load balancing systems, network access control systems, network monitoring, management, and reporting systems. Additionally, the team provides support for enterprise-level network systems or services that affect or influence the enterprise network infrastructure. Consulting with and closely supporting the Network Engineering team during network outages to provide overall analysis of network logs and utilizing advanced tools and applications.
As a Network Security Administrator, you handle these tasks:
• Configures, installs, and maintains firewalls, intrusion detection/prevention, network access control, network monitoring, DHCP, DNS and application load balancing systems
• Analyzes network performance and applies enhancements
• Manages large sized projects related to network design/security enhancements
• Provides support and resolutions for highly complex network issues
• Monitors and remediates security vulnerabilities
• Investigates new technologies
While working as a Network Security Administrator, enjoy these perks:
We are looking for a candidate with these preferred skills:
• Firewalls and VPNs
• Network Access Control
• Network Troubleshooting/Monitoring/Reporting
• Enterprise DNS services
• Enterprise DHCP services
• Application load balancing
• Intrusion detection and prevention systems
• Hands-on experience with Cisco infrastructure
• CCNA and CCNP Certifications completed or renewed withing the last 5 years
Additional details about the position, including the full job description, qualifications, and instructions for submitting application materials may be found by accessing this link: https://ecu.peopleadmin.com/. Applicants must complete a candidate profile online via the PeopleAdmin system and submit the documents requested to be considered for the position.
East Carolina University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Visit this job posting at https://ecu.peopleadmin.com/postings/52970
Do not contact this company in solicitation of any product or service.