East Carolina University
Information Technology and Computing Services (ITCS) is the central agency that supports enterprise-wide computing at East Carolina University. ITCS, through innovative information technology initiatives and service, provides opportunities for the ECU community to excel in teaching, research, and service using state- of-the-market technology and collaborative environments. ITCS is first and foremost committed to providing excellent information technology support for faculty, staff, and students. ITCS partners with campus departments, other universities, and industry to make strategic investments in information technology infrastructure that will help maintain a competitive advantage in administrative applications, faculty research, and outreach to the state and nation. We will achieve this through increasing the core functions and deploying appropriate technology throughout the university.
The Network Infrastructure Team is responsible for the installation, troubleshooting and repair of data circuits, Ethernet cabling and fiber optics. Technicians resolve daily network-related work requests which include support for enterprise wireless, data, VoIP, datacenter servers, access control systems, software and infrastructure related problems with switches, wireless technologies, and power conditioning devices.
As a Network Technician, you handle these tasks:
• Installation, configuration, and maintenance of networking infrastructure cabling and equipment. Including for example switches, access points, UPS devices, time clocks
• Assist voice services with maintaining and replacement of end user telephone handsets
• Produce documentation and train employees
• Work as a member of project teams to ensure that Network Infrastructure tasks are being completed correctly and on time.
• Evaluate and research current and new technologies
• Monitoring, management, and troubleshooting of network infrastructure
While working as a Network Technician , enjoy these perks:
We are looking for a candidate with these preferred skills:
• Knowledge of principles, protocols, and practices of network communication
• IP routing and switching equipment and technologies -
• Working knowledge and experience of Ethernet and TCP/IP
• Experience with wireless networking, preference for controller-based environments
• Knowledge and experience installing and maintaining copper and fiber-based network cabling -
• Knowledge and experience with copper and fiber-based network cabling standards
• Knowledge and experience with telephony technologies
• CompTIA Network+ or higher, such as CCNA, certification within the last 5 years
Additional details about the position, including the full job description, qualifications, and instructions for submitting application materials may be found by accessing this link: https://ecu.peopleadmin.com/. Applicants must complete a candidate profile online via the PeopleAdmin system and submit the documents requested in order to be considered for the position.
East Carolina University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Visit this job posting at https://ecu.peopleadmin.com/postings/52586
Do not contact this company in solicitation of any product or service.