Oakmont Baptist Church
1100 Red Banks Road, Greenville
$45,000 - $50,000 year
The Communications Specialist, a full-time, 35 hour/week church staff position, will serve as the chief storyteller to support and promote the mission, identity, and programs of Oakmont Baptist Church to members and the public through the creation and distribution of printed and digital messages such as web content, social media, videos, brochures, news releases, and other documents.
- Oversees and produces, from concept to completion, a broad array of digital and/or print promotional and communication materials for the church.
- Ensures that all materials present a clear, unified, and positive image for the church and/or brand.
- Plans, prepares, and distributes original promotional content such as videos, articles, flyers, email, blog and social media posts, and other updates on behalf of the church.
- Maintains web content including messaging and graphics.
- Promotes and attends special events and functions; promotes and reports on church milestones and activities such as church goals and projects; community service activities; and other programs.
- Designs thematic materials in both video, print, and digital formats to support messages and purpose of church programming, including Sunday themes, Retreats, Workshops, Events, and other materials such as annual reports, handbooks, guides and orientation materials.
- Arranges for photography, videos, graphic design, and message content for special events, programs such as special worship services, children’s programs, VBS, conferences, youth events, etc.
- Provides weekday and occasional Sunday leadership and support for our technical ministry for worship and other special services (audio, video, lighting, live streaming and TV broadcast of our worship services and other services).
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Highly skilled with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Experienced in Adobe Creative Cloud products including InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, Lightroom, and Premier Pro.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
Education and Experience:
- Associates degree in related field required.
- Bachelor’s degree in communication, graphic design, English or other related field preferred.
- Three to five years of experience, preferred, in marketing, publications, communications, or a related field.
- Prior experience in Digital content development.
- 1-2 years in Web content design and maintenance.
- Prior experience in video production and graphic design.
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.
To apply, send a letter of introduction and resume to Mrs. Nikki Carlyle at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Do not contact this company in solicitation of any product or service.