Systems Administrator Featured
Greenville and Surrounding
We are looking for a System Administrator to maintain, upgrade and manage our client’s software, hardware and networks.
Resourcefulness is a necessary skill in this role. You should be able to diagnose and resolve problems quickly. You should also have the patience to communicate with a variety of interdisciplinary teams, users and 3rd parties.
Your goal will be to ensure that our client’s technology infrastructure runs smoothly and efficiently.
- Provide technical support for both hardware and software issues our users encounter
- Manage the configuration and operation of client-based computer operating systems
- Monitor the system daily and respond immediately to security or usability concerns
- Create and verify backups of data
- Respond to and resolve help desk requests
- Upgrade systems and processes as required for enhanced functionality and security issue resolution
- Setup and maintain infrastructure, including firewalls, databases, malware protection software and other processes
- Review application logs
- Install and test computer-related equipment
Qualifications and requirements
- 2+ years’ experience in system administration
- Associate or higher degree in a related field
- Extensive experience with Windows servers, Active Directory and VMware technologies
- Advanced knowledge of system vulnerabilities and security issues
- Ability to respond to help desk requests after hours on a limited basis
- Dependability — Job requires being reliable, responsible, and dependable, and fulfilling obligations.
- Attention to Detail — Job requires being careful about detail and thorough in completing work tasks.
- Cooperation — Job requires being pleasant with others on the job and displaying a good-natured, cooperative attitude.
- Adaptability/Flexibility — Job requires being open to change (positive or negative) and to considerable variety in the workplace.
- Analytical Thinking — Job requires analyzing information and using logic to address work-related issues and problems.
- Integrity — Job requires being honest and ethical.
- This position is full-time, Monday – Friday 8:30am to 5:30pm
- Occasional after-hours/weekends may be required for projects and special tasks
Do not contact this company in solicitation of any product or service.